Hoskins Chevrolet Sales Department will be open on July 4th, Independence Day, 9am to 3pm Service and Parts will be closed.
Sales: (847) 984-0645
Service: (847) 984-0835
Commercial: (866) 492-3604
175 N Arlington Heights Road, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Welcome to Hoskins Chevrolet

Sales: (847) 984-0645 | Service:(847) 984-0835 | Contact Us!


City Motor Service from the 1930's

Hoskins Chevrolet 1947 on Irving Park with trolley lines!

Hoskins Chevrolet on Irving 1950's, no more trolley lines.


The history of Hoskins Chevrolet goes back many decades and several generations. The founder, Mr. Thomas T. Hoskins, started in the auto business back in the 1920’s. He began working on different types of truck bodies from dump trucks to tow trucks. Mr. Hoskins was one of the first to modify vehicles accessible for the handicap. His tow trucks enabled him to start City Motor Service which was a towing provider with a complete body shop. He continued his work on building vehicles for public use such the buses used for moving patients to Chicago Hospitals. City Motor Service was well know in Chicago as a superior body company which provided Thomas T Hoskins the experience and associations he needed to expand.

The end of World War II marked the return of many men who had served overseas and led to a considerable economic boom. Thomas T Hoskins who had taken many business risks during the roaring twenties and later the depression, took another by purchasing a new car franchise from Chevrolet. In June 1945, Thos T Hoskins Chevrolet Co. opened out of the City Motor Service location on 3301 N Halsted St in Chicago. By September it was moved to 3350 Southport Ave while new building was being built. The new dealership opened on November of 1946 at 2015 Irving Park in Chicago which was near the intersection of Lincoln and Damen Avenues. Thomas T Hoskins promoted his newest business venture by sponsoring local events at local raceways and supported city services with vehicles for government officials. In October 1948, his son Richard Hoskins Sr. began working at the dealership. The decade of the fifties saw the great growth of General Motors and Chevrolet. It was highlighted by the 1953 Corvette was very unique when it debuted and Thos. T. Hoskins Chevrolet sold one of the first of this new kind of sports car in the Chicagoland area. Like many city dealerships land was always at a premium. The “Get Ready” shop where the new cars were prepared and cleaned for sale was located down Damen Ave while the used car lost was several blocks to the west at 2323 W Irving Park.

Thomas T Hoskins’s son, Richard, served as a naval officer at Normandy and other battles in the European theatre during World War II. He achieved the rank of Captain in the Naval Reserves after the war. In 1962 when Thomas T Hoskins passed away, Richard Hoskins became the new president of Hoskins Chevrolet. In conjunction with the growing population shifts to the suburbs, Richard Hoskins moved the family business to the then small town of Elk Grove Village. In May of 1969, Hoskins Chevrolet, opened its doors at the current address of 175 N Arlington Heights Rd in Elk Grove Village.

The seventies saw major changes in the design of cars as they became smaller and more fuel efficient. It was during this time that two sons of Richard Hoskins began to work at dealership. Both sons served their nation in the navy as officers after graduation from college. Richard Hoskins Jr. started in November 1972 while Lee Hoskins came onboard in May 1974.

By the decade of the eighties Richard Hoskins Sr. had retired and both of his sons took over the day to day operations of Hoskins Chevrolet. By the early nineties, the state of Illinois decided to expand Arlington Heights road to six lanes with an interchange to I-90. This led to a major renovation completed in 1996 with a brand new showroom and offices. Hoskins Chevrolet Inc. has continued to grow and strive in the twenty-first century not only in the local area but much further in this new electronic global community. We have been a Chevrolet Dealership for more then sixty years with the same family for four generation and we have served Elk Grove Village for more then forty years.


Year we started in Elk Grove Village 1969

First color photo in 1978

Us today!